Scriptures are given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of God and for the understanding it is needed the light of the Holy Spirit.
By faith alone, by grace alone, by the merits of Christ alone.
The Bible alone is the only true guidance, according to which all teachers and doctrines must be tried and evaluated.
God's work in man, repentance and forgiveness of sins
1. Man is in need of safety, the soul will not find peace until he finds the right flock in which Jesus walks in his/her own , and from there sins can be forgiven by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Man enters through a narrow gate when he agrees to be reconciled by receiving the remission of sin from Jesus' own, from whom the oil and flame of the Holy Spirit gives oil to the extinguished lamp of faith of the gospel recipient and ignite faith, for man cannot believe in his own sense and power, if she/he tried, it would be her/his own righteousness.
3. Peace, freedom of conscience, and joy fill the heart as the fruit of the Holy Ghost.
4. He goes to follow Jesus' own flock, in the midst of which Jesus is a good shepherd.
5. The Holy Ghost, through the church of Christ and in our own conscience, directs life, both righteousness through faith and life.
6. And God shall prepare you from time to eternity.
IN THIS BLOG
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
2. Peter 1:20-21
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. [offended: he relapseth, or, falleth into sin]
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it ; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
PEACE, JOY, FREEDOM AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
I have picked verses by keywords from bible. You may continue picking and read the whole chapters if you like. You can read bible chapter after chapter, but nowadays you can read bible also by keywords with search programs. It is interesting and that describes meanings of words well. This way you can also find good verses from bible.